Interpretation and definitions
Words whose original letter is uppercase have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions will have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
- Account means a unique account created to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as “the Company”, “We”, “We” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Hikeaway.
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device from a website that contains the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Greece
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, mobile phone or digital tablet.
- Personal data is any information related to a recognized or identifiable person.
- Service is listed on the Website.
- A service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of the Company, perform services related to the Service or assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- A third-party social media service refers to any website or social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage data refers to data collected automatically, whether generated by using the Service or by the service infrastructure itself (for example, during a page visit).
- Website refers to Hikeaway, accessible from https://hikeaway.gr/
- You shall mean the person who accesses or uses the Service, or the company or other legal person on whose behalf that person has access to or uses the Service, as appropriate.
Collection and use of your personal data
Types of data collected
When using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that may be used to communicate or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Name and last name
Address, state, province, zip code, city
Usage data is collected automatically when you use the Service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, pages of our service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on these pages, unique device ID, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you are using, the unique identifier of your mobile device, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information sent by your browser each time you visit our Service or when you access the Service via or via a mobile device.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data displayed in the feedback form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user string to help detect spam.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Online Lighthouses.Some sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as pure gifs, pixel tags, and single pixel gifs) that allow the Company, for example, to count users who have visited these pages or opened an email, as well as other relevant site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a particular section and verifying the integrity of the system and server).
Cookies can be “permanent” or “session”. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you are offline, and Session Cookies are deleted when you close your Web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies.
We use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies for the purposes listed below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies. Managed by: Us. Purpose: These Cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through the Website and to allow you to use some of its features. They help authenticate users and prevent the illegal use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided and we use these Cookies only to provide you with these services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Permanent Cookies. Managed by: Us. Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember the choices you make when you use the Site, such as remembering your login information or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid re-entering your preferences each time you use the Site.
Use of your personal data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For the provision and maintenance of our Service including the monitoring of the use of our Service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a User of the Service. The Personal Data you provide may give you access to different features of the Service that you have at your disposal as a registered user.
- To perform a contract: develop, comply and take over the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you via email, phone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile app’s push notifications about updates or informational communications related to their features, products, or contractual services, including security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their application.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events that we offer similar to those for which you have already purchased or requested information, unless you have chosen not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To track and manage your requests to us.
- For commercial transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or carry out a merger, divestment, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, either as an ongoing activity or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which the Personal Data we hold from us for users of our Service are among the transferred items.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as analyzing data, determining usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, and evaluating and improving your Service, products, services, marketing, and experience.
We may share your personal information in the following cases:
With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze our use of our service, and to contact you.
For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with or during negotiations for any merger, sale of the Company’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or part of our business to another company.
With business partners : We may share your information with our partners to offer you certain products, services or offers.
With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, this information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or sign up through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, photos, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
Retention of your personal data
Hikeaway will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, unless such data is used to enhance security or improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obliged to retain that data for longer periods of time.
Transfer your personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside your state, province, country or other government jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your personal data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g. court or government department).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevention or investigation of possible infringements in relation to the Service
- Protecting the personal safety of service users or the public
- Protection against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we try to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee their absolute security.
Our Service is not addressed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your child provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we realize that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take immediate steps to remove this information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires the consent of a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
How we protect your information
Our website, as well as your information, is protected by Wordfence Internet Security which is considered the best security available in the world for WordPress. Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall and a malware scanner created from scratch to protect any WordPress website. Wordfence Threat Defense Feed is up to date with the newer firewall rules, malware signatures, and malicious IP addresses it needs to keep both our website and your information secure. Complemented by a number of additional features, Wordfence is the most comprehensive security option available.
What procedures have we adopted for a data breach
Our website uses caching for faster user experience over time and better speed response. Caching stores a copy of each Web page on the screen of that website. All cache files are temporary and never have access to third parties unless required to obtain technical support from the cache plug-in vendor. Cache files expire with a schedule set by the site administrator, but can easily be cleared by the administrator before they expire, of course if necessary.
We collect information about visitors commenting on websites that use the anti-spam service Akismet. The information we collect depends on how the user sets up Akismet for the website, but usually includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referral address, and website address (along with other information provided directly by the commenter, such as name, address and comments himself).
Links to other websites
We have no control and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites or services.
By email to: [email protected]
Visiting this page on our website: https://hikeaway.gr/ contact/